Like her boss in the White House, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano has been expressing theatrical concern over the possible effects which “Sequestration” will have should Congress and the President not agree on a budget by the end of the week.
True, there will be across the board “cuts” (or more accurately, decreases in federal spending increases as Fox News and the WordPress blog “Quiner’s Diner” have been reminding us). But the worry about it damaging our national interests and security is particularly humorous in view of what has been happening for some time. Losing some border patrol and TSA agents is miniscule compared to the internal destruction going on right now with the approval of 50.7% of the voters last November 6. (It might actually be beneficial to the border patrollers – being displaced means they’ll stand less of a chance of being killed with our guns in the hands of foreign drug criminals.)
For the 50.7% (including, sadly, many of my fellow “Catholics”), let me remind them of the modern version of the Fall of the Roman Empire unfolding in front of us (the order of this list does not necessarily indicate priority):
1) $16 trillion in debt, 48% owned by foreign governments and individuals.1 As of last June, China owned ¼ of our foreign owned debt.2 Two huge problems here. Climbing debt slowly strangles our government’s ability to deal with anything except servicing the debt, not to mention weakening the dollar. And, do we really want an ideological opposite like China to have this level of power over us? (Well, maybe not such an ideological opposite as we’ll see in the following items.)
2) Disregard for the dignity of human life. (This should be first, as all other rights are in danger when this one is ignored.) “Choice” and “reproductive rights” are the morbid euphemisms resulting from a terribly flawed Supreme Court decision forty years ago. Oh well, Obama and his followers don’t need to worry. Those 55 million murdered can never vote against them. Incidentally, an ardent Obama supporter, George Soros, contributed to the development of the abortifacient “RU-486”and its use.3,4
3) Major contributors to the President’s political party who are opposed to our nation’s survival. Not true? Well, back to George Soros again, one of the masterminds pushing for Democratic election victories since 2003. Soros commented that “Some global system of political decision-making” in which “the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions” when “collective interests” are at stake.5 Also, “[Soros] argued that a vision of ‘open society idealism’ must supersede traditional state sovereignty if globalization is to benefit all.”6
4) Doing away with the basic unit of civilized society, the family, by attacking the sanctity of marriage. OK, so you don’t believe in the Ten Commandments, then I hope there is some acknowledgement of Natural Law. Men and women are different physically for a reason. (surprise!) Same gender sexual activity must be condemned because it is intrinsically disordered. We are morally bound to afford those afflicted the same care and consideration as we do for anyone else experiencing disordered tendencies such as gambling addiction, alcoholism, heterosexual addiction, pedophilia, greed for power and money, etc.7
Marriage was not invented by the Church or the state. Neither of these institutions has the authority to redefine it. Legitimizing same sex “marriage” has ripple effects which disrupt the structure of the family.
5) Making it so that citizens are dependent on Big Brother for everything. Food stamp recipients increased by about 47% or 15 million during Obama’s first term.
Laws using distorted definitions of “discrimination” and “equality” are threatening the major areas of non-governmental social programs and agencies. Religious organizations, many of which are Catholic, are finding that they are running afoul of creative laws which declare them to be discriminatory. Catholic adoption agencies have closed because they cannot accept same-sex couples as appropriate guardians because of Natural Law and core beliefs. The very existence of religious schools, hospitals and social organizations is threatened because they will not deny deeply held faith beliefs in order to be compliant with government directives such as the HHS mandate.
6) Essentially suspend freedom of religion, an inalienable right, by limiting its practice to church buildings. Not only are there dangers such as the HHS mandate, but we also have, “Lawsuits a plenty against religious freedom and expression in the land of the free. Christianity in the U.S. is under attack as it was during the early period of the Soviet Union when religious symbols were against the law.”8
7) A federal government so insecure that it touts the crimes of a few, criminally insane as justification to work toward disarming the citizenry. You and I are such a threat to their vast teams of undercover, armed agents and military might? This warrants therapy for us, but they’d better hurry before all Catholic Social Services are out of business!
8) Increasing invasions of privacy under the guise of “protecting” us. Cameras everywhere. Drones at Obama’s disposal. New cars in 2014 required to have “little black boxes” to record vehicle operations data similar to that of 600 mph jets. Chip implants, just for “high security workers” now, but eventually for “medical records” followed by “etc.”
And we’re supposed to lose sleep because Janet Napolitano’s budget will be affected if Congress doesn’t give in to an executive-order happy President?
1 – Kimberly Amadeo, www.About.com, 1/8/2013
2 – Ibid., 9/5/2012
3 – Rachel Zimmerman. “Choice Allies: Awaiting Green Light, Abortion-Pill Venture Keeps to the Shadows,” The Wall Street Journal, 9/5/2000, reference posted in www.churchmilitant.tv
4 – “Contributed $1 Million To Planned Parenthood For “Outreach, Education and Training” Relating To RU-486,” Marc Kaufman, ”Abortion Pill Deliveries Begin Soon,” The Washington Post, 11/16/2000, also in www.churchmilitant.tv
5 — Matthew Rees, “Saving Capitalism From Soros,” The Ottawa Citizen, 12/9/1998, in www.churchmilitant.tv
6 — Carlin Romano, “George Soros Offers A Plan To Help Poor Via Globalization,” The Philadelphia Inquirer, 3/24/2002, also in www.churchmilitant.tv
7 – “The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition: for most of them it is a trial [blog author’s note: “trial” as in a “tribulation,” not trial as an experiment]. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s Will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.”
“Homosexual persons are called to chastity. [blog author’s note: just as any man and woman not married to each other are called] By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested [note: meaning not self-serving] friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection” (paragraphs 2358 and 2359 of the “Catechism of the Catholic Church,” Liguori Publications, Liguori, MO, 1994)
8 — Xavier Lerma, pravda,ru web site, 11/19/2012, posted in the article “Fiscal Cliff: Obama Poised to Win Either Way, U.S. Loses Either Way,” on www.CartaRemi.wordpress.com, 12/29/2012